Wednesday 30 November 2016

Personal Writing

I have struggled for a long time trying to write my professional inquiry, I have tried several drafts of the introduction and evaluation so far, to very little success. I don't have much experience with degree style writing, as a I did a professional diploma instead, and I find it difficult to get into that mind set.

However, I think I try to make my writing too formal, i think this is because I perceive degree writing as a formal endeavour, educational and factual, when in actual fact our inquiries and personal and life based. 

So how do I make something personal sound professional? I feel when I write in a personal way my inquiry sounds too journalistic.

Any thoughts fellow BAPPs?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lottie,

    I would't stress too much about the academic writing style- I find it hard too as I have only produced a diploma standard piece of writing before. However, I'm just trying to get all the points across that are needed in the first draft, then when I receive feedback I can adjust my writing style etc. I'm still cracking on with my first draft to give in for feedback, keep going with it!!
    :)
    Katrina x

    ReplyDelete